Personal Lines Team Coach
Zurich Insurance Plc is looking for a Personal Lines Team Coach to manage the day to day operations of the personal lines team, to include motivating and managing the team in achieving targets, delivering enhanced and consistent Quality Assurance (QA) and aiding in developing technical capability within the team. Agents reporting into the Team Coach can work across several teams: dealing directly with customers on their policies, addressing policy renewals, selling Zurich products (home, motor & travel) and being the point of contact for Brokers.
Reporting to the Personal Lines Operations Manager, the Personal Lines Team Coach will be required to lead and continually develop the Personal Lines Team delivering a superior service to Customer and Brokers.
This role may be available part-time or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
As a Personal Lines Team Coach your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Maintain a collective focus on the achievement of financial and operational objectives and business plans
• Provide and deliver superior customer service as defined by our SLA’s and KPI’s and ensure that standard procedures are strictly adhered to
• Is responsible for people and performance management, whilst developing and sustaining a high performance culture
• Ensure that people development needs are identified and talent is maximised, including increasing technical (eg. UAL) and non-technical skills across the team
• Develop and maintain training materials and current product knowledge
• Provide regular and effective internal and external communication with a variety of stakeholders including Heads of Portfolio (Home, Motor, Personal Misc.), Sales and Distribution, senior management, QMG and our key brokers and partners
• Be flexible to participate in ad hoc projects
• Provide regular and timely management statistics in respect of QA performance and team development
• Proactively contribute ideas and recommendations on aspects requiring change or remedial action
• Promote and drive change and continuous improvement activities to increase efficiencies and add customer value
• Manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships (eg. Brokers, Partners, Customers, Sales & Distribution, LOBs, senior management)
Your Skills & Experience
As a Personal Lines Team Coach your skills and qualifications will include:
• CIP Qualified
• 2 – 5 years’ proven people management experience and/or equivalent insurance industry experience
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• Strong project management skills
• Strong reporting skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• People management / supervisory experience or the ability to demonstrate the aptitude to step into such a role
• Ability to work within a team environment – focused on the achievement of both individual and team goals
• Ability to build key relationships with partners & customers
• Strong leadership and delegation skills
• Ability to develop staff through coaching and training
• Strong interpersonal, organisational relationship building skills
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to produce innovative solutions
• Presentation skills
• Enthusiasm, ambition and innovation
• Ability to operate independently
• Strong negotiation skills
Primary work location is Ireland. Position is Wexford based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Jenny Keogh is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland’s leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand – with our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Join Zurich and be part of this culture. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose – Let’s Create a Brighter Future Together!