Irish Wheelchair Association
We would like to invite applications from committed and caring Healthcare assistants (Personal Assistants) who are interested in joining our team in the below locations in Co. Wexford;
Fethard-on-Sea and New Ross
The position on offer is part time, 20 hours per week and potential for relief and more hours to build up your roster.
Availability for flexible hours to include mornings, afternoons, late evenings and alternative weekends on a rota basis required
What we Offer
Salary range for this position is €14.23 – €15.82 per hour depending on experience
Before 8am and after 8pm – from €17.78 p/h
Sunday – from €21.34 p/h
Public Holidays – from €28.46 p/h
Paid inter-client mileage
Sick pay scheme
Maternity and paternity pay scheme
Excellent working conditions
Holiday pay at a rate of 8% of hours worked.
PRSA Pension scheme available
Bike to Work Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
A commitment to the on-going training and development of all employees
Overall Purpose of Job
-The purpose of the role is to enable the Service User to achieve maximum independence in all aspects of daily living, by providing assistance in one or more of the following areas: personal care, domestic assistance, social and educational assistance, travel and companionship.
-Role takes place in the homes and communities of our Service Users.
-There are several key relationships, which should be fostered and developed for the successful implementation of this role. Liaise and coordinate with other identified Home carers as required and maintain close communication with the ALS Coordinator / Scheduling staff
Training and Qualifications, required
· Minimum of 5 modules completed of the Major Award at QQI Level 5 in either Community & Health Services, Health Service Skills or Healthcare Support or other relevant qualification and a commitment to complete the major award.
· Experience of working with people in a caring role (essential)
· Be reliable, trustworthy, and always maintain confidentiality
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills with a good level of spoken and written English
· Full driving licence with access to own vehicle (essential)
· Person centred approach
· An ability to build strong relationships
· Strong customer service focus
· Flexible approach to work
· High level of confidentiality
· Communicating and Influencing
· Motivating and Empowering
· Planning and Organising
· Quality and Customer Focus and Accountability
Ranked 1st on the Irish Healthcare Centre Awards 2023 Homecare / Assisted Living Provider Of The Year and the highest-ranking charity organisation on the Irish Independent “Best Employer” list 2023.
IWA is committed to promoting, maintaining, and adding to our diverse and inclusive work environment and would encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Documentary evidence of your relevant qualification(s) will be required in advance of or during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit irish-wheelchair-association.hirehive.com.