Agri Market Facing Underwriter
Zurich Insurance plc is looking for an Agri Market Facing Underwriter to join our Business Lines Department. The Agri Underwriter is responsible for the account management of our Farm Protection Business through our Direct Customers & Broker partners.
Develop and maintain relationships with our Farm Business Development Managers, Direct Customers & Broker partners in support of business retention and acquisition and to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
Contribute to the development of propositions and apply organisations quality standards in order to deliver profitable business results.
The Underwriter will be working closely with Sales and Distribution and other internal operations, such as Product, Claims, Personal Lines and Finance to ensure all areas of the business are managed according to the Zurich Way of Underwriting and within delegated authority levels.
This role may be available part-time or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Experience in the Agri sector or in directly with Farm insurance is preferable.
As an Agri Market Facing Underwriter your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
• Builds relationships with key customers and distributors and manages strategic distributors’ agreements and terms of business with Zurich
• Under direct supervision; underwrite and analyses new and renewal” business utilizing the Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels.
• Specific job tasks for area of responsibility include:
• Measuring exposure & analysing risk primarily for business referred by our online quotation tools/products
• Quoting & setting coverage for cases not automatically rated/accepted
• Negotiating terms & conditions
• Contribute to managing accounts
• Build relationships in support of customer/business acquisition and retention (e.g., by handling a range of queries, providing advice to assist with the development of an account)
• Implementing agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures, thereby maintaining underwriting discipline
• Proactively contribute ideas and work for the development of new or enhanced propositions based on technical, customer and distributor insights
• Adhere to Central Bank compliance standards of operating
• Demonstrate high level of quality assurance in all elements of the underwriting process
• Ensure any issues arising are dealt with in accordance with Zurich standards and that where appropriate issues escalated in a timely fashion
• Responsible for relationship management
• Responsible for the maintenance of all customer
• Underwriting Records in accordance with regulatory /statutory and internal requirements.
Active engage and interact where necessary with Risk Engineering, Claims, Underwriting Technical Centre, Distribution Management, Proposition Development and other functional areas
Build key relationships with customers, distributors, tied agents and business partners.
Engagement and participate in promotion of Zurich at events when appropriate.
Skills & Experience
As a Market Facing Underwriter your skills and qualifications will include:
Qualification, Knowledge & Experience:
• A minimum of 2 Grade C3/H5 at Higher Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or FETAC Level 6 Diploma.
• Bachelor’s degree and / or holds or is working towards relevant professional qualifications i.e. CIP, ACII.
• Minimum 3 Years industry knowledge in Commercial Insurance
• Underwriting Authority Level Min 1
• Excellent technical insurance knowledge, including specific knowledge in the Agricultural sector
Skills & Competencies:
• Advanced knowledge of the Insurance Industry is required, specific knowledge of the Agricultural sector would be beneficial
• Thorough understanding of the relevant systems, sales practices in addition to our products being sold in the market
• Solid understanding of Underwriting practices, rules and performance metrics
• A high level of experience in contributing to and working effectively as part of a successful team
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills supporting an ability to develop and maintain valuable and productive relationships with key customers
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Strong Problem-solving, decision-making and judgment skills
• Strong knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements
• Supports organisational change and improvement
• Ability to drive and manage own work
• All employees are expected to work in accordance with the values laid out in Zurich Basics.
Key Personal Attributes:
• Results driven with a proven track record of executing and delivering results
• Excellent communication and relationship skills with a strong history of collaborating effectively with key business partners
• A strong team player with a flexible, positive attitude towards work
• Excellent planning and organisational skills that support a high service standard
• Excellent attention to detail, including a strong ability to multitask
• Ability to prioritise workload and to adapt quickly within a busy environment to ensure we respond effectively to customer needs and expectations
• Good research skills
• Good IT literacy skills and knowledge of frequently used applications
Primary work location is Wexford, Ireland. Position is Wexford based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Jenny Keogh is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland’s leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand – with our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Join Zurich and be part of this culture. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose – Let’s Create a Brighter Future Together!